book on Cichlids

I just purchased the Paul Loiselle book on The Cichlid Aquarium.  Great
pictures etc. etc. But NO INDEX.
Should it have had an index, and the binders left out some pages, or what?

Also, I now have a big 18 gallon bucket sitting in my bathtub that has a
knee-hi pantyhose with good old New Brunswick peat moss in it.  The water is
full of little tiny bits of peat moss.  I filled it last night.  Is there
any hope that the (can't think of the word) peat bits will settle out
eventually (like after 4 days) or do I have to filter it out?  It looks
pretty yucky.

G. Kadar