Fsih & such into canada

>im up here in ALberta and looking for Cacotoides. Do you know what
>type of process is required to bring them across the border?

I'm in BC, and have a friend down in Washington state who has supplied
me with a tank and some fish in the past.  I went through the  whole
checking with customs thing, and had written down instructions for him
when he came up.  When he crossed the border, they just waved him
through.  Maybe you could not lie, but just fail to mention them! :)

Doesn't usually matter if it has no soil with it (ie plants)