Re: Sp. lower Arapiuns

"EXT AVS; Mayalauren@aol.com" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I could'nt get this fish to spawn...however hard I tried. I'ts a pertensis
> group, so I figured blackwater.I kept the pH in the 5s, raised the temp to
> 82.Nothing.
> Well I threw them in a heavily planted community tank with 3 other pairs of
> dwarfs in there a nd a BUNCH of tetras.
> They spawned.  pH6.6-6.8 temp  77. nothing blackwater about it.
> Just goes to show, does'nt it!  :-)
> Jason

Not weird at all Jason. Many species will spawn even if the
water parameters aren't perfect. If the eggs hatch is another
question. I've bred A. cf./sp. aff. pertensis (I think it's
pertensis but I have never been really good at species-
recognition) and they required pH 5 for the eggs to hatch.

Fredrik L.