Re: 3.5 and 10 gal raising A. caca

Kris writes:

> Heres my setup, i have a 3.5 and a 10 gallon aquarium.
>  If i get one pair of cacatoides and breed them in the ten gallon then
>  take the male out and put him by himself in teh 3.5 would this work.
>
>  Keep in mind that the tanks will be fairly dense with plants and
>  caves(made out of slabs of slate).

Short-term, it will be fine.  It is not a sufficient solution to a breeding
program.  For example, when you have thirty to forty fry that are almost a
half inch long, what are you going to do?  They won't make it in either tank.
And while you're putting size on them and the pair spawn again, then what?

A bigger tank for rearing fry will eventually become mandatory.

Bob Dixon