Re: First tank

Rover765@aol.com wrote:

> I am setting uo a ten gallon tank ( all I have room for).  The water out of my
> tap is very soft, 3-4 KH.  Could any one suggest a good species to start out
> with??  i would like to hopefully breed some.  If the tank is too small just
> let me know.  I don't want to cramp these guys.  Thanks!!!
> Glenn

I Have a question similar to this one.  I have a 90G tank with some
Largish fish in it, a 33G not yet setup, and a 10G Guppy tank.  I want
to start breeding some Apisto's.  I need suggestions for fish and
setup.  I guessed that the 10 would be a spawning tank, the 33 a growing
tank, and the 90 for the larger fry.  Am I shooting in the right
direction here?

As for fish, I want something with a similar body form to A. Nijsseni.
Eventually I will try them, but want to "cut my teeth" on something
easier.

thanks
	Jeff