starved fish

<some people have starved their fish to death in the hopes of controlling
their water chemistry>

I think to do this you would have to stop feeding completly and it still
would take a very long time before they starved to death.I had a N.anomala
that got under the ugf some how.I drained this tank except for enough water
to cover the substrate and basicly forgot about it for 2 months.I finally
got around to cleaning this tank and there he was,very pale but alive.With a
little tlc he was back in shape in about 1 month.He
never did get his beautiful colors back,but he did live for about another
year.
Vern