Re: double reds

Have you tried diffrent Ph values? What Ph value are you using now?
I've had similar problems in the past. I raise mine in 5.5 and I get
mostly males like 70%. I prefer this since thats what my dealers
prefer. If I raise the Ph the ratio begins to increase for the
females. My temperture in sunny florida is always 80 f, in the
fishroom that is.

David Sanchez

---John Wubbolt <BigJohnW@webtv.net> wrote:

> Hello Vern
> Well I have one thing to add to your inquiry about double red aggies.
> About 2 and a half years ago I purchase a pair of double red aggies
and
> have been maintaining them since.  I really love the color of my fish.
> All the males end up looking like the original male.   Mine look very
> much like the Aqualog picture for double reds.   They really are a
nice
> color and the females have jet black ventrals when in brood coloration
> and do have the large black dot in the middle of the black lateral
line.
> I'm not sure if this is how the double reds are supposed to look, but
> I'm very pleased with them.   The only problem I have with my fish are
> that I get too many females to males.   Almost 8 females to every
male I
> raise out.   This doesn't change even when I raise the fry out in
lower
> temperature water ( 73 to 75 ) or when they are raised in warmer (76
> 80 ) water.   So I always trade off females to people who need them.

> John  Wubbolt

Archives"!