Re: Laetacara Sp.

V Kutty wrote:

> John,
> Could you please describe the fish?  Rosemary Lowe-McConnell's Laetacara sp.
> 7-stripe MAY be Buckelkopf...they kinda have some stripes on them.  If they
> are the same fish, someone is probably breeding them - they are not that
> hard to breed - they complied for me at pH 8.
>
> Vinny

Vinny,
Last year by July I was with a German friend (Hans Evers) in the same
region visited by Lowe-McConnell.
We collected what she called 7-stripe Laetacara, and it seems to be the
same fish found in the middle Araguaia that is currently in the hobby (=
Buckelkopf). Hans told me that Frank Warzel has seen them, and agrees
the 7-stripe is identical to Buckelkopf.
Interesting from the same region is Aequidens sp. "Xavantina", also
listed by Lowe-McConnell. And of course the odd C. rosemariae, that we
were unable to catchŠ