Re: Taenatus spawn

Hi folks ---

My pair of P. Taenatus "Moliwe" appear to have spawned last night --- much coming and going from an inverted flower pot.  Female now hangs out inside while the male patrols the perimeter.

 They are in a 10 gal. tank w/ 3 pencil fish as dithers. PH 6.8 - 7. Temp. 78-80 degrees.

  How long will it be before the eggs hatch?  How long before they are free swimming?

   Any other tips?

    Also, the female has developed a whitish patch on her flank — it doesn't appear to be a growth on the surface like fungus.  Clearly it couldn't bother her too much since she spawned anyway.  I had tried some Malichite green to no avail.  Suggestions?

  As always, thanks for your help.

Matt Diller