Re: D.maculatus

Ken,
I would think removing the Aphy bitaeniatum is essential.
They would be very capable of picking of any small fry.  I would leave the
the male in the tank and see how it goes.  If this time it doesn't work out
they will do it again and then you will know what to do next time round.
That's what I would do but others on the list may advise differently.
Helen.