f1 spawning

Has anyone encountered this problem,f1 fish are harder to spawn.I was
talking to David Soares and we got talking about this.He said that some of
his wild fish will spawn quite easy and then when the fry are old enough
they are very difficult or impossible to get a spawn out of them.I have had
this happen with my uaupesi.I would think it would be the other way
around.The wild fish are not use to your water and if you got them to spawn
the fry would grow out in your water and be use to it.So they should spawn
more readly.I think this happens with the more difficult spieces.Has anyone
run into this before.Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Vern.