Amazon diseases

Marco,

On one of the apisto's we collected (mostly all one site) there is
something that looks like fin lice.  Small 1/2 cm tan cylindrical things
attached to the dorsal and anal fins of the apisto's.  Only on the
apisto's.  What do you treat with to get rid of this.

How do you treat your new caught fish?

We have them all isolated.  Some got ich on the way home and are all being
treated for that.  On the boat we had them in fairly large tubs and did
50% water changes  two times a day.  No fish death except 3 apisto's on
the way home, 3 laetcara and 2 tetras.  That is for probably over 100
fish.

There was one site all the tetras came down with a disease on their tails.
Karen Randall thought it might be bacterial infection (? collumaris).  It
only affected one type of tetra, needless to say we did not keep that
tetra and everyone else is okay so far.  It was a fuzzy disease that ate
there tails.

When you collect what do you use and at what depths?

It was a lot of fun to go, I will say that, next time I hope we can get
down your way!!

Kathy