Re: wood in fishroom

In a message dated 3/29/99 11:28:26 AM Mountain Standard Time,
William_Vannerson@ama-assn.org writes:

> Where do you go for that and how much does it cost?

I am a machinist by trade.  I have a buddy who is a welder.  We are building a
7 foot long, three-tiered rack.  The top shelf is 13" wide, the middle is 17"
and the bottom 21".  The three shelves are each separate, with the bottom of
the legs locking into the top of the next shelf down.  There are six legs on
the bottom, with 3/4-16 bolts for feet, so I can level it.  We are building it
at work, then sending it to the paint department for powder coat.  I bought
the steel independently, and have $80 in materials.  The powder coat I will
<subcontract> to the company for about another $80.  I suspect if I couldn't
do the machining and have Brandol to do the welding, it would run around
$350-$400.

Bob Dixon