Re: Fwd: Help me ID Fish, A.hippolytae perhaps?

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Marco Lacerda wrote:
> If, together with scanned pictures, you supply the localities, this
> would be of much help for their identification.
> There are many species of Apistogramma living in Rio Negro, but the
> species distribution seem to vary within the Rio Negro region. I'm a bit
> familiar with this.

Erik and I will do both as soon as we are able.  the GPS sites were taken
down by another trip member in Colorado.

As I said before both your help and Mike's will be greatly appreciated.
It is fun watching them in the tanks,

the hippolytae have been quite territorial and with 3 in a 20 gallon I
have had to add more bogwood and obstacles to prevent one male from
beating up everyone in the tank.

Still lots of others to figure out an ID on, I will let you know when the
pictures are up.

Thanks Again,
Kathy