Re: D.filamentosus

Wild Rams are a forgotten treasure Vern. With the new
strains available today we have forgotten how simply
outstanding their wild bretheren really are! In my
experience they make excellent parents and you will be
in for a real treat as you see mama and papa take equal
work loads in raising the young. As I stated earlier,
the key factor is are you providing a proper
environment? For wild rams I would say that would be Ph
6.5 or less and very soft water. Another key factor
would be the temperture! they come from the "llanos" in
colombia and their shallow water is thus a bit warmer
then what we may be used to giving some of our
Apisto's. So vern the fish will not eat their spawn if
they have the right conditions. It sounds like you have
the right conditions for the rams but perhaps you may
want to drop the Ph for the checkerboard's. Best of
luck to you with your new aquisitions.

===

David Sanchez
Casselberry, FL