Re: Bolivian rams

> The one thing mine insist on for spawning is a flat rock.  I've never seen
> them spawn in sand, on wood, or on plant leaves--it has to be a horizontal
> rock, even if it's only an inch long.

The altispinosa I had a few years ago would dig pits and lay eggs in there.
I had them in a 55 gal. with Discus and other fish. The biggest male would
breed with a female one end, then a week later breed with another female on
the other end. Most fry got eaten by their tankmates, but enough survived
that it became a population problem.