Re: How do I reduce my GH

Jeff,

I'm afraid there is no easy (or inexpensive) solution to reducing general (=
permanent) hardness in the "liquid cement" that you call water. As Dr. Kadar
says, R/O will waste a lot of water unless you get a professional pressurized
R/O unit, and you'll go through a lot of expensive membranes in the process.
Same goes for ion exchange resins (expensive). Your other alternative is to
dilute it with distilled water (18:1 distilled:tap). It just isn't worth it. I'd
suggest collecting rain water or maybe making a solar still in the backyard.
Such a still was discussed a while back.

Mike Wise