Re: Chloramine remover

In a message dated 4/4/99 3:14:32 PM EST, apistowise@bewellnet.com writes:

> I wouldn't recommend using photographic fixer since it has additional
> hardening
>  agents in it.

I wouldn't recommend fixer, either, but hypo is , or at least the last time I
checked was, sodium thiosulphate.  It is one of the first things I used to
try to beat the obnoxiously high cost of aquarium trade items.  That was a
while ago.  Maybe they've come up with something new.  Nowadays, I just use
the water aged in a bucket.  When I posted the first time on this thread I
didn't notice the -am- part of the chloramine.  I stand corrected.

Bob