No Subject

I have a problem with a couple of my apistos- they are sick with something, but there are no obvious outward signs like bulging eyes, fungus, rotting fins etc). They are pale in color (they did not show much color if any), their eyes are not dark like the other healthy fish. They do not show any agression or behaviour to the other apistos in the tank. Generally they spend most of their time near the bottom of the tank with no distinct terretories. It is as if somthing is stressing them out and they are very slowly wasting away.  I feed them a variety of foods and they live in a planted tank with other apistos that are happy and spawn often. Water conditions are excellent. Has anyone had this problem, and if so do you know what it is-

Cory Williamson