A. cruzi spawn

Hi all,

when I got home from work tonight, I found
60ish free swimming fry being guided by
their mother.

I am very surprised since when I looked where
I thought she was brooding there was nothing
there.  She has been swimming around the tank
for about three days and not hanging out in
any one place or bothering the male when he
got close.

Anyway she is garding them now.  The problem
is, when I was convinced there was no brood
I stopped the bbs.  I will start some now.
What should I feed in the meantime.  I
have liquifry and the tetra baby fish food.
I think I will mix some of the tetra stuff
with water and squirt it from an syringe.
I also have some tetra bits that I could
crush up.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I guess
this explains why the female bit my finger
when I was following Helen's advice and putting
some small 1.5 and 2" flower pot in.

Paul Evans