Re: Pertensis

> Roger tells me these fish were caught on Mt.San Antonio, a good deal
> south of Puerto Ayacucho. Never heard of this mountain, but I guess
> the Venezuelan military has.

>From what I understand, there are a lot of little hills and mountains in
southern Venezuela.  The Neblina is about 12,000 feet.   I dont know where
Mt. San Antonio is but my Encarta Atlas says there are 49 towns in Venezuela
named San Antonio!  The area around Puerto Ayacucho is a little hilly and it
gets hillier as you go south.  I just finished a book by Redmond O'Hanlon
titled 'In Trouble Again - a journey from the Orinoco to the Amazon' where
he describes a town called San Carlos de Rio Negro in extreme southern
Venezuela - sounds like a damn good place to collect but you have to rent a
plane to get there.  There's gotta be a bunch of new 'pistos down there.

Vinny