Re: Fish and education

Tarah,

Your question sparked a dim memory of something on apistos & grad students a few
years back. It took a bit of digging but I found it. I thought it might be of
interest to the list members. This is from Dr. Sven O. Kullander in April, 1995
to an aquarist in the Netherlands:

"Subject: Re: what are you working on?

I am still working primarily on South American cichlids. One of my students will
do his PhD on phylogenetic interrelationships in Apistogramma. We do, however,
work on all kinds of tropical freshwater fish. ...

Best regards,

Sven"

You know, I never asked if that project ever got off the ground.

BTW, spell check isn't perfect, but it helps.

Mike Wise