Possibly sick Cupido?

I may have an ill Biotodoma Cupido.  Her color is a little dark,
breathing somewhat more rapid, but maybe that's my imagination.  This
fish is still eating.  I just lost a Curvicep two weeks ago.  Same kind
of symptoms - dark color, etc.  The Curvicep stopped eating in her last
days.

I'm after two things -
1. Some kind of diagnosis.  I guess this is a bacterial infection,
correct me if I'm wrong.  I'd like to know what medications are the most
effective.  I've heard that tetracycline is a waste of money due to
bacterial resistance.  True or not?  What medicines are most effective?

2. Is it worth setting up a hospital tank for this, or should the entire
tank be treated?  If someone would like to jump on this, I've never
setup a hospital tank before.  Is it something you leave running or do
you set it up on the fly?

I'd really like to not lose another fish.  I have a UV unit if you think
that would help.

I'd appreciate a personal reply if you could.  Reply to the group as
well.  The reason I'd prefer a personal reply is that I'm currently
getting the digest and I want to save as much time as possible.

Thanks much!

--

Kelly Beard, Cat IV (on sabbatical)
President, Allanti Cycling Club