cammalanus

Does anyone on the list know the life cycle of the cammalanus worms?As you
all know we might have these worms up here in Van and I would like to find
all the info about them that I can.All my fish look healthy,but will the
worms show up at some point as I have fish from the same place that Steve
got his.I really dont like to use chemicals so if I dont have to I would
feel much better.I have been useing the same syphon for all my water
changes,could the worms be spread this way or do they have to be in contact
with infected fish?
Vern