Re: Brazil fish pics

Kathy,

My picks for the baby pike would be C. regani, followed by C. notophthalmus.
It looks like a male.  If it is a C. noto, it will start sprouting
independent, long spikey dorsal rays 1-5, ala male Rams but more pronounced.
This will start happening very soon if it's a Noto.  Females of both these
species sport dorsal fin spot/s.  If the fish grows larger then a dwarf,
PLEASE let me know...you may then have something VERY interesting.

Could you describe its habitat, please?

Vinny
kutty@earthlink.net
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/5491/  (my pike site)