Re: nijsseni

Cory writes:

> About a month back I posted a question about getting my nijsseni's to
spawn.
> I added some peat to the filter system and the pH dropped to 5. The fish
> haven't spawned and the female has lost her yellow color. Should I be
> concerned, or is this normal at low pH?

If the female has lost her yellow color, then she is not happy at that pH
level.  While 5.0 is the normal range for nijsenni, I have found that
individual fish may vary some in their individual preferences.  If you know
what the pH was when she was yellow, then try to get back there and hold it.
Good feedings should be all that is required beyond that.

Bob Dixon

Bob Dixon