stunted growth

I sent this yesterday but I did not see it nor any
replies so please forgive me if this is a rerun.

My A. cruzi spawn is in a 20 gallon tank.  The tank
is planted but not heavily.  I am changing 1/3 of
the water every three or four days.  There are
70ish fry but they have not cooperated in my attempts
to count them.  They are in the tank with their
mother and a SAE.

The fry are growing quickly.  They have been free
swimming for about 10 days and the already have
visible vertical bars.  How big do you think they
will get before being badly stunted from being in
a 20 gallon tank?

Also, yesterday the male started beating up the
female.
I had never seen him be aggressive toward anything
before that.  I moved him to my big tank.  Her tail
got chewed up pretty bad while I was at work.  Do you
think this is because he was ready to spawn again?

Paul Evans