Re: New Apisto's

Phil,

First, You have your continents mixed up...  The Kribs are a
Pelvicachromis Pulcher (West African) while the "Triple Reds" which
may be an Apisto (South American), but without more of name, I can't
say.

If you want the "Apistos" to survive, I would put them in a different
tank from the Kribs, because undoubtedly the kribs will kill or
severely torture the Apistos when the kribs start to spawn.

When you do separate the 2 different species, you will find them
starting to relax and "settle in" to their new tank.  I'm sure the
kribs will probably begin to spawn without having to do much to your
standard tank maintenance procedure.  The apistos however, may be a
different story.  I'm not familiar with the hardness or pH of the
water in your area.  I'm sure there is some on the list familiar with
your area.

You can keep more than 1 pair of Apisto in a tank, but it won't be
easy to manage if you want to grow out any of the fry.  The Tetras are
ok to mix in as dithers, but beware, some of them are pretty good
hunters!  Angels, I don't know on that one. I haven't done it.

I hope this helps some, I'm sure that some of the other guys on the
list will have more info to add.  Hope it helps!

Phil Eaton
Dallas, TX