Re: Cacatuoides triple reds and blue`s

George writes:

> I have a bunch , around 20 , blue cacatudoies, so far I only see
>  females, I have a feeling that, they are all female`s ???

If they are under 3/4 inch, it may be too early to say just yet.

>  Was thinking of breeding a female cactuoides blue, with a male
>  cactuoides triple red
>
>  Good or bad idea??

Dude, you should know by now that this is a hot question.  Someone is going
to let you have it really good.  Both Barrels!!  Personally, I was hoping to
pick up some blues at the ACA convention so I could try just that.  With a
couple generations of selective breeding, maybe I could get a really nice
variation.  Maybe a "triple purple", or a fish with red across the torso.
There are several variations of this species now, mostly of reds and oranges,
which have been developed by selective breeding.  Just be sure that anyone
you sell the resulting fish to is aware of the fact that they are not a
natural form.

Bob Dixon