Re: colorful apsitos

Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> I'd be interested in knowing what A. sp. Blue looks like. A description (if not a
> photo) would be very useful. Can anyone out there help me get this information?
>
> Mike Wise
>
> Michael Gray wrote:
>
> > Can someone suggest a new, colorful apisto for my breeding efforts.  I have
> > been breeding A. cacatuoides "DOUBLE ORANGE" And A. sp "BLUE" with great
> > success.

> > For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help,
> > email apisto-request@majordomo.pobox.com.

please check the book titled, the most complete colored lexicon of
cichlids by Dr. Herbert R. Axelrod...2nd ed...on page 762 there is a
6"x8" very high resolution color photograph of the
blue Apisto(Microgeophagus ramirezi)...on the next two pages are 14 other
phos in brilliant color of rmas breeding incl the eggs as well as photos
of the other color forms such as the "golden form"...

all color photos have very good color resolution and have been enlarged
at least 10 times the adult size...some photos take up the whole
page...as do the other 2,200+ photos of other dwarf and large cichlids.