Re: colorful apsitos

Sorry Russ, wrong fish.  Michael sent me a fuzzy photo of A. sp. Blue. I can't be absolutely positive, but it looks very much like a fish that Julio
Melgar sent me that he calls A. sp. Rio Tahuayo. This is the same river system that has A. panduro & A. nijsseni. It's a very beautiful eunotus-complex
fish with bright orange-red tail and blue edged orange dorsal and anal fins. The body is bright blue.

Does Axelrod's cichlid lexicon really call the Orinoco Ram a "blue Apisto"???? If it does, that gives me one more reason not to buy this coffee table
book (entirely too many wrong IDs).

Mike Wise