Re: back in the mood

Yahoo!  I now have about 25 free swimming A. cacatuoides fry hovering
around the entrance of the female's cave.  Mom and babies enjoyed the
bbs I just fed to them.  The parents are doing a good job of keeping the
flagfish away, but the female doesn't like the bristle nose pleco whose
been residing outside her cave since day one - she never minded until
now.  The female cacatoo keeps biting the pleco, but with the place's
armor, there is no damage done.
  I've been meaning to get out and collect some daphnia to feed these
guys this summer, I think I'll get out this weekend and get a bunch.
hopefully I can get enough to breed and provide food for them all summer
- along with bbs, of course.
  Since this is my first real attempt at spawning apistos, is there any
advice or sign I should look out for.  I've been researching quite a
bit, so I'm pretty confident that they'll do okay - I may move the
flagfish out of the tank when the fry become more visible.  I don't
think they've seen the fry yet.

I've been hit with the apisto bug, and I love it!

Jason Miller
Sherwood Park, AB