Mouth to mouth combat

I've never seen them do it before, but two of my male borellii were locked
jaw to jaw this morning, oblivious of the fact that it was chow time and the
loaches were wacking them around, as a unit.

They've only got  8 square feet (+ACE-) of tank bottom to occupy, and there are
only about 8 males in the tank, but apparently that's not good enough.
There was a yellow female in the neighbourhood, not to mention a couple of
other very blue males hanging around.  This is starting to remind me of the
packs of male canines fighting over a female in heat+ACE-

I was not planning to sell them or give them away, but it looks as though
alternative housing may be the only option for these pugilists,
'Cockfights' do nothing for me.

Will they damage one another in a major way?  Is moving them a must?
Honestly, I can't keep setting up new tanks all the time.  I can barely
manage with what I have.  I'm in Toronto. Anyone want extremely healthy
macho borelliis just let me know.   Come and get 'em.

G. Kadar