Re: Nijenssi Spawning

On Sat, 15 May 1999 08:48:27 -0700, alex pastor wrote:
Thank you for your advice.  I will remove the Pl*cos and the Ottocats.  I
hope that the female will not be to disturbed with the captures.  This is
her largest spawn.  I have had 3 others before this one.  On the average I
end up with eight to thirteen fry.

> I'm crossing my fingers that you learned your lesson with the first
spawn.
> The other fish in your tank have to go.  If you want to breed these fish,
in
> all seriousness, they cannot share a 30 gallon tank with anything like
the
> kind of fish you've got them.
>
> If the others don't get 'em the parents will because they figure the
> environment is not conducive to putting in all the work and effort of
> raising the fry.  Your fry will continue to disappear until the parents
feel
> that it's safe and worth their while to raise them.
>
> G. Kadar

Archives"!

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy