"Sunset" Apisto

I just left a lfs and they had a lot of these "Sunset" apistogramma.  My
question is, what do these fish look like when they are young (1.25")?  Or
what coloration would they have in a store tank?  The picture posted at
TheKrib.com did not look like this fish.
The guy also told me that they were rare and hard to come by.  At $2.99 per,
could this be true?
Anyone out there with any experience with these fish?
Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy