Re: Sexing cacatoos

Hello Bob
I have both the triple red form and the double red form.   When I
originally asked what the difference was, I was told that females have
as much color in the dorsal, anal and caudal fins as some basic red
Cacatuoides.   My triple red females have color in all the fins.   Not
as much as the males do but color, my double red females don't have this
color and I can sex them at 1/2 inch by the black coloring in the pelvic
fins.   My female triple reds have the same black fins as my double reds
do just more color in the other fins.    I don't have any males that
have dark black front portions of the pelvic fins.   This is the method
I use to sex my fish.
Hope this helps you out.
John