Re: Breeding cacatuoides

Francine writes:

> The others are of varing sizes too small to be sexed.
>  My question is should I now breed this alpha, when he comes of age, back to
>  his mother or to a new triple red?

I would either breed back to the mother or a sibling.
> The inbreeding of fish puzzles me as to
>  whether it is a good thing or a bad thing.

It is a good thing unless something like a crooked spine or incomplete
finnage shows up.  Then the line should be ended unlesss there is some unique
color or finnage you are breeding for. Then you should start over by crossing
in new stock with a fish that shows minimum distortion, and then crossing in
again.

>  The second question is, would
>  this breeding classify the fry as F1 or F2?

This is a shady area.  Probably F(0 x domestic) would say it best.

Bob Dixon