Re: Quiet pumps

Hello Bob
I also live in an apartment so a blower is out of the question, so I use
lots of air pumps.   The whisper pumps are great and not that noisey.
I have found that the Hagen Optima and Maxima pumps are the quietest
ones.   I have 2 different Optimas running 55 gallon tanks that I hardly
hear.   I don't know if I've gotten used to the sound of gurgling water
or I really don't hear them so much.   I hear the bubbling water more
then I hear the pumps.   I am not endorsing any products for those that
want to jump at that thought, just giving my opinion as a hobbyest.  I
have used Whisper, Hagen, Penn Plax and several no name companies pumps
and for quietness Hagen is the best in my mind.   Now when it comes to
repairing them, that's another story.   After about 2 years you need to
replace the diaphrams and that is a pain in the ......   Whisper pumps
are the easiest to maintain and change diaphrams.   Also whisper
replacement parts are cheaper then Hagen.   I also have a whisper 600
running a 55 gallon tank in my Bedroom and I don't hear that one either.
Oh for the curious who are keeping track 3 55 gallon tanks so far.   I
actually have 4 55 gallon tanks, a 30 , 1 20 long and 2 ten gallon tanks
in the bedroom.   I said I hear lots of gurgling going on at night.   It
helps me sleep actually.
Hope this helps Bob
John