Re: Convention Plans

Bob,

Unfortunately, I won't be going to the ACA this year. My family is demanding a
real (read: no fish) vacation, so we are going to the Oregon coast this summer
instead. I look at it this way, at least I'll get to look through the tide pools.

The ASG meeting is late on Thursday, usually in one of the same meeting rooms
that they have their regular seminars. This year Jeff Cardwell will talk about
collecting in South America. You might also want to collar Frank Warzel, if you
can get him away from all the pike cichlid people. As for taking fish, there
usually isn't a problem having your own tanks in your room. You pay for any
damage they might cause, of course. Generally, there are more tanks set up in
rooms than in the regular fish room. If you can't take your own tanks, you can
usually rent some in the fish room. That's what people do who fly in.

What kind of scientific names are you thinking of? Most spell-check systems have
a "learn" function on them. If you use a name or scientific term that isn't on
the spell-check, just tell it to add the word to the vocabulary - once you're
sure it's correctly spelled. This will certainly take up less memory than adding
a supplemental spell-check program.

Mike Wise