RE: Apistogramma ortmanni

Hi Justin,

Skane is not a perfect place to raise soft water fish since the water in
this region ranges between medium hard and very hard (with a few
exceptions). I bought some fish from a private aquarist in Lund a couple of
months ago and his tapwater was at dGH=dKH=9, pH=7.8. This would be the low
end of the region with Malmo having carbonate hardness of up to 18 dH.

The best place for regional advice would probably be Malmo Aquarium Society
(MAF). They have a web-site (in swedish) at www.roka.se/maf/. Their e-mail
address is malmoaf@hotmail.com.

Regards
Fredrik Nilsson