water chem

I think this topic has been beaten pretty well, like any dead horse should
be.  However, I am still having problems groking in fullness.  Could
someone please give their opinions on hardness, pH, and conductivity again?
I am using deionized water for water changes to lower my conductivity (it
is about 300 uS...I want about 1/10 that).  My hardness seems fine...1 deg
kH and 2 deg gH with the pH about 6.5 (I still want to lower it to about
6).  If the hardness is  what I am measuring why is conductivity so high?
Also my deionized water reads 0 deg hardness, 0 uS yet the pH is 8.5.  How
can this be?  I am adding pH down to get it to 6.5 and it seems to be
holding in the tank...ie not rebounding.  Thanks for any info