Re: A.maciliensis

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:21:58 -0700, Vern Wensley wrote:

> I am looking at my copy of Romers book and he is calling what I thought was
> A.spec.rio mamore  A.maciliensis.Are they the same fish?

Well, as you can read on the first line of the piece on this fish Romer also calls it
Mamor‚-Apistogramma. On page 548 Rio Mamor‚ and Rio Guapor‚ are mentioned
as waters where this fish is found. Strange though there's not one reference to A. sp. rio
mamor‚, not even as a not valid synonym.

> The pictures in Romers book look just like my rio mamore,except the caudal
> fin is more orange in my fish.Did somthing happen when I wasnt paying
> attention?

I had the same idea. It;'s like an A. sp. rio mamor‚ with an orange tail. Good heavens,
what a beautiful fish.

Matthijs