Re: Apisto-Gram (was:Re maciliensis)

In a message dated 7/16/1999 10:20:44 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

<snip>> Anyways, the group was always at
>  least a year behind in newsletters.   Are they still that far behind?

As Erik says, they are catching up.  Sometimes this happens with volunteer
organizations.  I joined the ACA in February, and have yet to get a
Buntbarsch Bulletin.  Apparently the editor or publisher or someone had some
stuff going on.  They said at the convention that the situation was being
reconciled.  I think we can count on Jeff and Lisa to get us up to date.

>  Why didn't the Editor just decide to wipe the slat clean and start fresh
>  with the new year and say the heck with trying to put out enough issues
>  to catch up.

I'm told it has to do with membership currency.  If your membership expires
in August of this year, you will continue to recieve newsletters until you
have the one that is dated for summer ' 99.

>   I never knew if the Ads or classifieds were up to date or
>  over a year old.

They are the most recent submissions.  Regardless of the date on the
publication, you will be reading the ads that were submitted since the last
one went out.

> If things have gotten better I will join.
>  Please let me know.

They have gotten and are getting better.  Membership information is available
at http://user.mc.net/~warewolf/apisto.html .

Bob Dixon