Dicrossus Maculatus

I was looking for peoples opinions on what they thought was the best
size tank to use for breeding Dicrossus Maculatus.   I presently have
them in a 20 gallon long and thought that this might not be big enough
for them to feel really comfortable to spawn in.   Also what do most
people feel is optimum water conditons for spawning purposes regards to
pH, temperature and water hardness?    I have a beautiful pair and
wanted to give them the best conditions I can in order to get them to
spawn.    Any information would be muchly appreciated.    Does anyone
have any suggestions for the perfect dither fish?    I thought about
using some cardinal tetras?   Also what about Corys?
Thanks

John Wubbolt