Re: looking for apistos in SF

Hi Andrew,

I have seen apistos at Nippon Goldfish in SF.  I
have heard that Sam's pet world often has them and
Ocean Aquarium kind of specializes in them.  I have
not been to either of those two stores but they are
in SF as well.  The only other store that I know of
in the Bay Area that carries them regularly is
Dolphin Pet Village in Campbell.  That is where I
go because I live in San Jose.  They had caucatoides
when I was there last weekend.  Seems like they were
about $12 and kind of small.  They had triple reds
and "Super Reds" but I think the Super Reds were all
females.

If you are interested, I have some A. cruzi that I
have
raised and am planning to take about 30 or so to the
pet store to free up my fry tank.  They became free
swimming on April 9.  They are the first
apisto I have bred and are fairly undemanding like
caucatoides.  The larger ones are just now sexable.
If you would like some, I will give them to you.  If
you are interested, contact me offline.

Paul Evans