Re: Oak Leaves ?

Les,
Last autumm I couldn't get oak leaves but managed to get Beech leaves which I beleive serves the same purpose.  A few months ago I aquired a group of adult Taeniacara candidi and wanted to lower my pH in their 36" tank.  Using the leaves the pH gradually lowered to the level I wanted pH4.8.  The leaves make a very pleasing sight as the adults and fry have plenty natural cover.  I also used the leaves in my Crenicichla regani (dwarf pikes) tank as they also require a very low pH.
Helen
Scotland

Why oak leaves specifically?  Can other types of leaves be used (i.e.. maple)?

Les Scott