D. Maculatus Spawning

I want to thank all who gave me advice on my F1 pair of Dicrossus
Maculatus.   I'm a happy camper today.   This morning while doing my
normal walk through check everyone out for good or bad things, I came
upon an unusual thing.   While quickly looking into the Maculatus tank I
saw both male and female, but the female had lost her row of spots.
They were now a sort of solid black line, fearing something bad at
first, this is my first time keeping these guys, I noticed that the
female was really wailing away on the male.   She was beating on him
badly, I was confused at first and then upon closer examination I found
a nice sized clutch of eggs in a corner of the tank.   I feared for the
males well being and removed him to safer confines.   I don't know if
the eggs are good or not yet, but I have my first spawn of Maculatus!!
I was so happy I just had to tell someone, sorry for rambling on here.
I'll keep everyone updated on the spawn.

John W