RE: Oak Leaves ?

Title: RE: Oak Leaves ?

The oak leaf postings interest me - I realized people used them as a more 'naturalistic' hiding place for apistos, but I didn't know it was a preferred method of lowering pH. Is this true, or is peat still predominantly used? Or both? Neither?

        I'm considering switching to oak leaves, next season, as my water is pretty dark and gloomy from peat treatment. (ok ok, I need more light too...I'm still figuring out the cheapest way to do that one...)

Cheers

Andrew