Re: Rams (one spot vs. two spot)

Hi everyone,

Speaking of rams.  I just purchased 10 wild M. altispinosa from an lfs.  They
are beauties.  Half are "one spot" and half are "two spot".  While I have
been able to look up the two in Aqualog South American cichlids II, I can't
get enough info on it.  Is it a separate species?  Does one have to watch
when breeding to separate out one vs two spots?  Are there any real species
differences or is it just a phenotypic form variation?

Thanks,

Rich D'Ottavio
rdotta7777@aol.com