Re: macmasteri low pH?

Hello John
I have had success with MacMasteri spawning very easily in my tap water
with a pH of 6.8 and 60 ppm hardness.   I curently keep the double red
strain and have a tank with about 50+ fry that are around 3 to 4 weeks
old swimming and doing well.    I spawned these guys in near neutral pH
water.   I've also spawned them several years ago in similar water
conditions.   I personally found Macmasteri to be one of the easier
Apistos to keep and spawn.   Then again maybe I'm just lucky in that
aspect.   What easy for one is sometimes difficult for others.   I can't
for the life of me get my big beutiful pair of Atahualpa to spawn where
as I've heard others say they have no problems with them.

John